11to12 Circulars - Edition 5 June 2021
SIRS, Enrolments and General Information
Reminder – Online Student Declaration and Permission
Kerry Tarrant (08) 9273 6770
Schools are reminded that the due date for completion of the online Student Declaration and Permission is Thursday, 17 June 2021.
Students will access their Personalised written examination timetable and, if studying a Year 12 ATAR course with a practical component, they will see their Personalised practical examination timetable from the student portal. It is important that they have logged in and completed the Student Declaration and Permission before then.
The following students are required to complete the online Student Declaration and Permission:
- all Year 12 students
- Year 11 students who are studying ATAR Units 3 and 4 and sitting the 2021 ATAR course examinations
- Year 10 students given approval by the School Curriculum and Standards Authority (the Authority) to study ATAR Units 3 and 4 and sit the 2021 ATAR course examinations.
Please note: students will be required to complete the online Student Declaration and Permission when they login to the portal before they can gain access to other important information, such as their course enrolments, examination timetable/s and results.
Schools to ensure that students have received the necessary information in order to complete the online form correctly, such as:
- the purpose
- login instructions to the student portal: https://student.scsa.wa.edu.au/student-portal
- completion of the online form must be discussed with parents/guardians.
Further information about the online Student Declaration and Permission is available on the Authority website at https://senior-secondary.scsa.wa.edu.au/the-wace/student-declaration.
Schools can monitor in SIRS which students have completed the online Student Declaration and Permission by generating the Report CSE058 – Student Release Choices by Provider.
The pathway to the report CSE058 is: Reports > Other reports > Report type: Students, Report: CSE058.
The School Curriculum and Standards Authority appreciates your assistance in obtaining this important information.
Final dates for Year 12 students to withdraw from courses, 2021
Jenny Offer (08) 9273 6313
Schools are reminded of the final dates to withdraw Year 12 students from courses:
- Thursday, 22 July 2021 – final date for withdrawing students from ATAR courses with practical examination components. No changes will be made to student enrolments in these courses after this date.
- Monday, 9 August 2021 – final date for withdrawing students from ATAR courses which do not have practical examination components. No changes will be made to student enrolments in these courses after this date.
- Monday, 9 August 2021 – final date for withdrawing students from General, Foundation, Preliminary and Vocational Education and Training (VET) industry specific courses. No changes will be made to student enrolments in these courses after this date.
As withdrawing from a course is a significant decision, the School Curriculum and Standards Authority (the Authority) strongly encourages students and their schools to use the Western Australian Certificate of Education (WACE) checker to test the possible impact of their decision. The WACE checker is available on the Authority website at https://wacechecker2021.scsa.wa.edu.au/.
Schools are reminded that students who are enrolled in a Year 12 ATAR course must sit the external examination in that course. For ATAR courses with practical components, students must sit both the written and practical examinations. Students who do not sit an ATAR course examination and do not have an approved sickness/misadventure application for that course, will not have the grades for the pair of units completed in that year contribute to the calculation of the WACE.
As a consequence, a student may not meet the requirements to receive a WACE.