WACE after Year 12
There is no specified time limit for the completion of a WACE. Individuals may accumulate their results in WACE units, endorsed programs and VET credit transfer for WACE achievement over a life time.
Students who did not demonstrate the literacy (reading and writing) or numeracy standard
If you have not achieved a WACE because you did not demonstrate the standard in one or more of the reading, writing or numeracy components you can apply to re-sit the necessary test/s as long as you:
- were in Year 12 in 2016 or any subsequent year
- have sat the OLNA previously.
If you subsequently demonstrate the literacy (reading and writing) and numeracy standard and meet all the WACE requirements current at the time, you will be issued with a WACE.
Any queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org
OLNA applications for 2019 Round 2 (September) have closed. Applications for 2020 Round 1 (March) will open in late-December.
Reporting VET achievement
If you have not yet achieved a WACE and either:
- were in Year 12 in 2018 and have since completed a VET qualification (closing date 3 May 2019)
- are not currently enrolled in a secondary school or are returning to education and have completed a VET qualification since you were last enrolled in secondary education.
You can provide the evidence of achievement via the following online form.
- Application for WACE recognition in VET achievement for people returning to studies or accumulating WACE results.
The Authority will add the details to your student record and if you then meet all of the WACE requirements, you will be issued with a WACE. If approved, achievement of nationally recognised VET qualifications are awarded unit equivalence according to the current Year 11 and 12 equivalence structure (see WACE Manual). Please note that achievement in accredited courses do not automatically contribute to the WACE.
Any queries please email email@example.com