Online access to Year 12 student information
Jenny Offer(08) 9273 6313
Schools are reminded that Year 12 students can check their personal details and enrolments online athttps://www.wace.wa.edu.au.
To log on, students will need their SCSA student number and other personal identification information.
The Authority strongly encourages Year 12 students to check that their enrolments in course units are listed. This is especially important where students are studying at more than one school (e.g. also studying via SIDE). Students must report inaccurate information to the school for updating.
Students who experience technical difficulties in accessing the information need to contact the Authority firstname.lastname@example.org or on 9273 6719 (during office hours).
Students may also find the Authority’s social media a convenient way to access general information about the WACE examinations and certification. Go to:
VET Unique Student Identifier (USI) report
Jenny Offer(08) 9273 6313
Kerry Tarrant(08) 9273 6770
For the first time, schools are required to include the Unique Student Identifier (USI) in their VET enrolment (ENVET) and VET achievement (RSVET and RSQUAL) files which are uploaded into Student Information Records System (SIRS). The USI field is optional in these three files, however, it is required in the RSVET and RSQUAL files for units of competency and qualifications to contribute towards meeting the WACE requirements.
Students who have VET achievement reported without a VET USI will not:
- have the results reported on the Statement of Results
- have the achievements allocated unit equivalence and may not meet the requirements to receive a WACE
- have the achievements recognised in the completion requirement for VET Industry Specific courses.
To assist schools to identify which students have had a VET USI uploaded onto SIRS, the Authority has developed a report in SIRS. The pathway to this report is as follows:
Reports > other reports > Report type: enrolments, Report: CSE195 - VET USI report.
This report will list (either ‘yes’ or ‘no’) to indicate if a VET USI has been uploaded for each student at your school who has VET enrolments in 2015.
An information sheet containing common issues raised and troubleshooting tips for RTOs and students is now available on the VET news and FAQs page of the Authority’s website athttp://www.scsa.wa.edu.au/internet/Senior_Secondary/Vocational_Education_and_Training/VET_news_faqs.
Final dates for changes to Year 12 student enrolments
Jenny Offer(08) 9273 6313
Jenny Morup(08) 9273 6309
Schools are reminded of the following final dates that relate to Year 12 student enrolments and WACE examination enrolments:
- Wednesday, 1 July 2015 – deadline for changes to student enrolments in Stage 2 WACE course units.
- Monday, 20 July 2015 – deadline for enrolment as a private candidate, where late fees apply. No further applications will be accepted after this date.
- Friday, 31 July 2015 – deadline for changes to student enrolments to sit the 2015 WACE examinations inStage 3 course units with practical examinations.
Monday, 14 September 2015 – deadline for changes to Year 12 student enrolments in:
- Stage 3 course units that do not have practical examinations
- Stage 1 course units
- Preliminary course units.
Schools can upload changes to Stage 3 course unit enrolments which do not have a practical examination directly into the Student Information Records System (SIRS) until Wednesday, 14 September 2015.
Note: No changes will be made to student enrolments to sit 2015 WACE examinations:
- in Stage 2 course units, after Wednesday, 1 July 2015
- in Stage 3 course units with a practical examination, after Friday, 31 July 2015.
New Endorsed Programs
Leanne Meldrum(08) 9273 6746
New Provider-developed endorsed programs
The Board of the School Curriculum and Standards Authority has endorsed the following programs:
- AUSUM Initiatives: Entrepreneurship
- Conservation Volunteers Australia: Biodiversity Program
- Dismantle Inc.:BikeRescue
- XCERIO Digital Skills Institute: Autodesk and Adobe Certification Programs
- Toastmasters International: Competent Communicator Award
- WA Debating League: Schools Debating Competition
These programs may be offered to students in Years 10, 11 and 12 from 2015 – 2019.
More detailed information about each program can be accessed at:http://www.scsa.wa.edu.au/Apps/EP/display.aspx?type=6
Marker applications for 2015 WACE examinations
Melanie Jasper (08) 9273 6732
Cristina Caruso (08) 9273 6317
Teachers are reminded that applications for marking the written and practical 2015 WACE examinations are currently available online. The application form is on the Authority’s website athttp://www.scsa.wa.edu.au/About_Us/Employment.
Information about the marking process and how to apply is available on the website.
Applications close on Wednesday, 1 July 2015.
Applicants will be informed of the outcome of their applications by:
Practical examinations Monday, 3 August 2015
Written examinations Friday, 18 September 2015.
Student Declaration and Permission online
Kerry Tarrant (08) 9273 6770
A reminder that all Year 12 students (and students other than Year 12 who have been given approval to sit the WACE examinations) are required to complete the Student Declaration and Permission online by Monday, 29 June 2015. This date has been extended from 29 May 2015 as initially indicated on the 2015 WACE Activities schedule.
The Authority is seeking schools’ assistance to provide details to their students regarding the online procedure.
Schools are able to monitor which of their students have completed the Student Declaration and Permission online via the following report, CSE058 – Student Release Choices by Provider. The pathway to the report is as follows: Reports > Other reports > Report type: Students, reports.
The Authority appreciates your assistance in obtaining this important information.