Pre-primary – Year 10 syllabuses released for Western Australian schools
Mandy Hudson(08) 9273 6755
The Minister for Education, the Honourable Peter Collier MLC, 20 July, 2015 notified principals that the School Curriculum and Standards Authority has released Western Australian year-level syllabuses for the following Pre-primary – Year 10 learning areas:
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Health and Physical Education
- The Arts.
We are pleased to advise that the syllabuses have been provided five months ahead of schedule to allow more time for familiarisation.
A copy of the Minister’s letter to principals can be found via:http://www.scsa.wa.edu.au/internet/_Documents/General/P-10_syllabus_release_letter_to_prinicpals.pdf
The syllabuses and frequently asked questions can be accessed via the Western Australian Curriculum and Assessment Outline: http://k10outline.scsa.wa.edu.au/
The achievement standards for Humanities and Social Sciences, Health and Physical Education will be published in the Western Australian Curriculum and Assessment Outline before the commencement of the 2016 school year with Technologies, The Arts and Languages progressively published during 2016.
The annotated work samples for Humanities and Social Sciences, The Arts, Health and Physical Education and Technologies will be published in the Western Australian Curriculum and Assessment Outline during 2016.
Teacher register, for School Curriculum and Standards Authority projects
Pax Yip(08) 9273 6740
The School Curriculum and Standards Authority is establishing a register of experienced teachers interested in participating in both paid and voluntary projects that arise from time to time.
Examples of past and current projects that require teacher expertise at a high level include:
- Judging Standards: coordination and planning work
- Online Literacy and Numeracy Assessment (OLNA)
- Preparation of teacher support materials
- Revision of course outlines, assessment tasks and marking keys
- Development of sample assessments
- Sharing of teacher resources.
If you are interested in participating in these or future projects, please register your interest by emailingHRhelp@scsa.wa.edu.au with the following details:
- Full Name (including middle name if applicable)
- Teaching subject/s
- Year level/s taught
- Number of years of experience in the relevant subject
- Current Teacher Registration Board number
- Current or previous school experience
- Work email address
- Daytime telephone number
- Mobile number.
Once registered, you may be contacted as relevant opportunities arise.