Kto10 Circulars - December 2018
Registration of students on the Student Information Records System (SIRS) in 2019
Schools and other education providers are asked to note the last date for the initial upload of student registration and demographic information to the Student Information Records System (SIRS) in 2019. Please do not leave it until the last date to upload your data.
Thursday, 14 February 2019
- Initial 2019 registration and demographic information for Years 10–12 students (required for Online Literacy and Numeracy Assessment (OLNA) student lists and password generation)
- Initial 2019 registration and demographic information for ALL Kindergarten–Year 6 students where these students attend schools either administering National Assessment Program for Literacy and Numeracy (NAPLAN) Online or delivering Brightpath
- Initial 2019 registration and demographic information for all Year 7 and Year 9 students where these students attend schools administering NAPLAN Online
- Initial 2019 registration information for all teachers where students attend schools delivering Brightpath.
Thursday, 14 March 2019
- Registration and demographic information for all remaining Years 7–9 students is due to be uploaded to SIRS on Thursday, 14 March 2019.
Thursday, 11 April 2019
- Registration and demographic information for Kindergarten–Year 6 students where these students attend schools not administering NAPLAN Online or delivering Brightpath is due to be uploaded on Thursday, 11 April 2019.
Updates to registration and demographic information should be uploaded into SIRS on a regular basis for the remainder of the year.
Details of how to register students are provided in the updated Data Procedures Manual 2018, with links to assist schools using Reporting to Parents, MAZE, and Excel. There is also a separate Student Registration Procedures Manual 2018 – Primary Students found at https://www.scsa.wa.edu.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0009/349641/Student-Registration-Procedures-Manual-2018-Primary-Students.pdf to assist primary schools with creating and uploading their Student Registration and Demographic File (SRGDG).
Schools are requested to include their school code in any correspondence.
Western Australian Student Number (WASN) requests for 2019
All current students in Western Australia should have been allocated a Western Australian Student Number (WASN), and be registered with the School Curriculum and Standards. This number remains with the student throughout their school life. Schools need to recognise the importance of the WASN to avoid duplication of records and maintain continuity of student data.
From 8 October 2018, schools will only be able to request WASNs through the Student Information Record System (SIRS) for Kindergarten students commencing in 2019. If a student other than Kindergarten arrives at your school from another WA school, please check to see if they have a WASN first using the ‘Search for WASN’ process – explained in ‘How to Search for WA Student Numbers in SIRS’ in this circular.
If you cannot locate a number, then contact email@example.com and give details of the student’s legal surname, legal first name, date of birth and academic year. It is also useful to include your school code in any correspondence. Numbers will be sent back if the student already has one allocated and new numbers requested and generated by the system for those students without a number.
All secondary schools with a Year 7 intake can send a complete list (spreadsheet) of Year 7 students entering their school, including the student’s legal surname, legal first name and date of birth and we will look up the numbers on their behalf.
A reminder that details of how to register students can be found in the Student Registration Procedures Manual 2018 – Primary Students found at PDFhttps://www.scsa.wa.edu.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0009/349641/Student-Registration-Procedures-Manual-2018-Primary-Students.PDF opens in new window with links to assist schools using Integris (RTP), Civica Maze, and Excel. There is also a Guide to uploading Student Registration and Demographic (SRGDG) file found at https://www.scsa.wa.edu.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0004/349636/GUIDE-TO-UPLOADING-STUDENT-REGISTRATION-AND-DEMOGRAPHIC-FILE.pdf and some online training videos found at https://www.scsa.wa.edu.au/sirs-info/primary-schools.